My School follows the Common Core of Knowledge and Skills 2016 (le socle commun de connaissances, de compétences et de culture) recommended by the French Ministry of National Education, that is organised around 5 key competences for primary school:
- Languages for thinking and communicating
- Methods and tools for learning
- Becoming a person and a citizen
- Natural and technique systems
- Representing human activities and the world.
There are two classes in Primary School:
1) One class for CP and CE1 (6 – 8 years old)
We limit the class size to have no more than 16 children with one teacher and one assistant. One of the priorities of class CP and CE1 is to learn French language and mathematics, that are conducted in French in the morning. The English lesson, that takes up 25% of total school time, is taught in the afternoon by an English-speaking teacher. The rest of the afternoon is spent learning the discovery of the world, science, arts, etc.
2) One class for CE2, CM1, and CM2 (8 – 11 years old)
We have a maximum of 18 children in this class, with one teacher and one assistant. The morning lessons are taught in French to learn the French language and Mathematics. The other half-day in the afternoon is spent for the English lesson with a English-speaking teacher. In small groups, the children alternate different subjects, such as science, history, geography, and arts.